This privacy statement explains how we collect, store and use information collected from or about users of PCLaw | Time Matters websites, software, and related applications (“Apps”).
By using the Software, our services, or our website, or by signing an Agreement with PCLaw | Time Matters, you signify your acceptance of this policy. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our Site or App.
Personal Information We Collect
“Personal Information” is information that identifies an individual. The following is some of the Personal Information we may collect:
- Telephone number
- Fax number
- Email address
- Credit and debit card identifiers (such as last 4 digits, type of credit, etc.)
- Company logo and company information
How We Use Information We Collect
We may use Information we collect:
- To respond to your inquiries, comments, or concerns and fulfill a request, order, download, subscription or other transaction.
- To verify your identity.
- To provide, activate, and manage your access to and use of the services or products.
- To provide technical, product and other support and to help keep the service working, safe and secure.
- To send you information we believe may be of interest to you, such as advising you of updates on the software, relevant announcements, or to inform you of upcoming events, and educational materials.
- To send you important information regarding the Site or the Apps, changes to terms, conditions, and policies and/or other administrative information.
- To send you calendar reminders, event reminders and other potential benefits.
- To allow you to send information and documents to your clients.
- To send you marketing or training communications that we believe may be of interest to you.
- To deliver targeted advertisements, promotional messages, notices and other information related to your interests.
- To invite you to participate in user testing and surveys as well as drawings, sweepstakes, competitions and similar promotions.
- To personalize your experience on the Site, our software, and our mobile services by presenting products and offers tailored to you, relevant to your interests and geography.
- For our business purposes, such as data analysis, research, audits, developing new products, enhancing our website, improving our services, identifying usage trends and determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns.
- To diagnose website technical problems or software bugs.
- To provide to our third party service providers who provide services such as website hosting, payment processing, email delivery services, credit card processing, text messaging services, customer service, auditing services and other similar services to enable them to provide services.
- To a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock.
- To comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
We may use Personal Information as we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to service providers which act for us or provide services for us, such as for marketing or for the processing of payments, and as to such service providers their use of Personal Information is subject to our agreements with them and any applicable laws; (e) to enforce our terms and conditions; (f) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (g) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others; and (h) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
Sharing of Your Information
We may share your personal information with our affiliates and with sponsors, joint venture entities and other third parties, including entities for which we are acting as an agent, licensee, application host or publisher, that wish to send you information about their products and services that may be of interest to you, as determined by your choices in managing your communications preferences and other settings.
The Service may let you post and share personal information, comments, materials and other content. Any such contributions that you disclose publicly may be collected and used by others. Please be careful when disclosing personal information in these public areas.
You are free to decline our cookies if your browser or browser add-on permits, but doing so may interfere with your use of our Site. You should refer to the help sections of your browser, browser extensions, or installed applications for instructions on blocking, deleting, or disabling cookies.
How You Can Review Your Personal Information
If you would like to review your Personal Information that has been previously provided to us, you may contact us email@example.com. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably possible.
We will retain your Personal Information according to Your Agreement or as deletion is required by law.
Except for the purpose of facilitating your Agreement with PCLaw | Time Matters or unless otherwise requested, we ask that you not send us, and you not disclose, any sensitive personal information (defined to include: Social Security numbers, information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, criminal background or trade union membership) on or through the Site, the Apps or otherwise to us.
GDPR Subject Users
If you are a resident of the EEA or Switzerland or will be inputting personal data on the Site pertaining to residents of the EEA or Switzerland, we would appreciate it if you contact us, so we can facilitate compliance with Chapter 3 of the EU General Data Protection Regulation with respect to such use and access.
California Online Privacy Protection Act
California Customers may request further information about our compliance with California’s privacy law, and may request to review and request changes to their Personal Information collected and stored by PCLaw | Time Matters by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org or contacting us as stated below.
According to CalOPPA, PCLaw | Time Matters agrees to the following:
- On our Privacy page
Users are able to change their Personal Information:
- via their registered account or by contacting us at email@example.com.
Fair Information Practices
Further, in order to comply with Fair Information Practices principles articulated by the Federal Trade Commission (https://www.ftc.gov/reports/privacy-online-fair-information-practices-electronic-marketplace-federal-trade-commission) PCLaw | Time Matters will notify users of this website who have provided an email address to us via this website via email within 7 business days, should a data breach occur.
PCLaw | Time Matters also agrees to the individual redress principle, which requires that individuals have a right to pursue legally enforceable rights against data collectors and processors who fail to adhere to the law. This principle requires not only that individuals have enforceable rights against data users, but also that individuals have recourse to courts or a government agency to investigate and/or prosecute non-compliance by data processors.
Data Breach Notification
PCLaw | Time Matters will notify the Subscriber without undue delay and in writing on becoming aware of any Data Breach in respect of any Personal Data.
If a vulnerability is identified or data is available publicly outside of PCLaw | Time Matters, please contact PCLaw | Time Matters immediately via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cross-border Transfer of Information
PCLaw | Time Matters generally maintains servers and systems in the United States hosted by third party service providers. We also may subcontract the processing of your data to, or otherwise share your data with, other third parties in the United States or countries other than your country of residence.
This Policy will be reviewed and updated periodically, at the discretion of PCLaw | Time Matters. Your continued use of the Site or App following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.